RE: [pygame] people hating python for game dev.

There is of course, Lunatic - the Python/Lua bridge, which could solve those
sandboxing problems.

However, personally I'm put off by Lua by the fact that the documentation is
pretty sparse, and "installing" on Windows started to make me want to tear
my eyes out.

Seriously though, it's not that hard to write a scripting language. I found
(and have now subsequently lost, it seems) an article on writing a CPU
emulator in Python, starting with your own machine code, which you could
then take and write an assembly language for, and finally an interpreter to
go on top of that (I actually still have the source for it, if anyone would
be interested in building a base ten cpu emulator ;) ). If you can write an
emulator and three distinct languages for a fake piece of hardware,
shouldn't it follow that you could create a fake language for a distinct
video game?

 >  Unlike Lua, it's main problem is that it is too powerful and
introspective, so it makes it difficult to sandbox (e.g., if you're going to
allow user-mods, it is more difficult to ensure against malicious code).

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email including any attachments, contains
confidential information belonging to the sender. It may also be
privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this emailed information is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify us by
reply email of the error and then delete this email immediately.