Re: [pygame] Clearing the Screen

On 2006-May-18, at 02:17, Kris Schnee wrote:

I'm using the Python console for my program right now, as a way of working out the game logic without bothering with the graphics and GUI. How do I clear the terminal screen (in a way that'll work in the executable, not just IDLE)? Right now as I print one display or menu after another, others are still visible on the top of the screen, which looks confusing. What's the equivalent of the DOS command "cls"?

Kris

Aside from the *nix "clear" command, you might look into the curses module.

Richard