Re: [pygame] Ridiculously simple way to seperate game-object code

On 5/20/06, James Hofmann <jwhinfinity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://people.ucsc.edu/~jhofmann/programmables.py

Hello,

That's a pretty interesting idea. :)

I developed it a bit further, and made a version that understands
basic if, for and while-blocks. However, it doesn't yet support else-
or try-blocks for example. The idea is that you parse a piece of code
by creating a new LineInterpreter as in

src = open("test1.py").read()
li = LineInterpreter(src)

To execute the source, you call the "run" method, which return a new "RunTime" object (so that you can have several concurrent executions of the same code without them interfering with eachother).

runtime = li.run()

After this, you can run one or more lines calling runtime.iterate.

runtime.iterate(5) # execute five lines of code, then return

The fancy thing is that the script execution can be e.g. in the middle of an if-block after the iterate call, and it knows how to resume it during the next call.

If there really is need for this sort of thing, let me know and I can
develop it further. :)

Current version at http://codereactor.net/~shang/interpret/

--
Sami Hangaslammi