Re: [pygame] Pygame graphics window Freezes

Hi
I tryed what you suggested but the pygame window will stay black. I'm on windowXP and dont know if on other platform this is different. I think, it would be usefull, if one had a console inside the pygame window so one could play around with visual stuff (like drawing lines, loading a image and moving it arround or anything of interesset). I think it could be usefull for debugging and developement. How could this be done?

~DR0ID

Did the pixel not show up at all? Did you make sure it wan't just hard to see, eg. by drawing four right next to each other in white?

Are you using IDLE? If so, you should be able to Alt-Tab between the graphics window and the console window, which lets you send commands that way.

If you wanted to do a console within the graphics window, you'd need to display the text that the user is typing. Bear in mind that "rending" the text is slow, so it'd be best to store the rendered text somewhere and only re-render when the text that should be displayed has changed.

Kris