Re: [pygame] pygame.time.get_ticks() vs. time.clock()

I took the easy path and replaced pygame.time.get_ticks() with
int(time.clock()*1000).  The game seems to be running much smoother
now.  I agree that this is not an ideal solution, so I'll make a note
to look at modifying my logic to use a network-synced timer value.  I
actually already have a network-synced clock, but I don't want to
spend time converting all my logic to using the network-synced value.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my get_ticks() isn't consistent with
time.clock()?  I'm not sure that it is an issue with the OS clock
being inaccurate.  I realize that it is not perfectly accurate, but I
would at least assume that both methods would return values that
consistently increase over time.

After roughly 20 minutes of running the posted code on my desktop, the
difference between get_ticks() and time.clock() had increased by over
8000 ms.