Re: [pygame] Re: MIDI files in Games?

"Christopher Arndt" <chris.arndt@xxxxxx>
> Have you considered using fluidsynth (http://www.nongnu.org/fluid/)?
> It's a softsynth with soundfont support as a C library. AFAIK there are
> no Python bindings (does BASSMidi have them?) but you could probably use
> ctypes as well.

Thanks for the pointer - I'm going to look at Timidity++
(http://timidity.sourceforge.net/) and FluidSynth as well as BASSMidi. It
looks like whichever library I end up using, I'll have to do some work to
expose the library to Python (either CTypes or SWIG).

And yeah, the better soundfonts are big, but they're still a big savings
when you compare MIDI to MP3 or OGG, especially if you have a lot of music
that can use the same soundfont.

-Dave LeCompte