Re: [pygame] Framerate Normalizer

Yeah, fixed-time physics is the way to go.  How you get that fixed time is up to you, but it's a much better way than trying to put time into all of your code.  It is more stable, and easier to program as well.  Since you are thinking about lower end computers, you may have to rebalance everything for a lower fixed-time update.  (i.e, right now it runs good at 190 fps, but that's probably not a good interval for a slower computer that can only run 60 fps).  I think most professional games run at around 30 hz or so.  I know Doom3 did anyway, and that's the last I read about any game's update function.  Less than 30 though is probably not so good.  On a really slow computer, things will slow down, but you wouldn't want to skip too many frames in that case anyway.  If I can only run at 10fps, I would prefer the game to update a little slower (slow motion) to having objects be warping around.