[pygame] PHP/MySQL high score server with Python library

For a while, I have wanted to have online scorekeeping functionality in my games. Earlier this week, I thought to myself, “Surely there is existing code for this. After all, it’s not a terribly difficult thing to do.” I looked - nothing. So I learned PHP/MySQL last Tuesday and finished the current version a few hours ago.

Current feature set:
-Sets up a table in a preexisting MySQL database
-Easily add and retrieve score data via HTTP
-Basic (very, very basic) authentication so people don’t buck the system too often
-Handy script to insert a score display into your PHP-enabled web site
-Python library!

To do:
-Expand the documentation
-SQLite support
-Write libraries for other languages

I could *really* use some pointers with regards to the documentation. I’m afraid it will be too hard for a relative newbie to understand it. I would also like some theoretical PHP expert to look over my code with a critical eye, as I only learned the language two days ago.

Also, if people could write ~50-line libraries in their favorite languages to use with this, it could become a neat little open source thing. For now, it’s under my home-grown ‘indie license’: noncommercial or <=3 people on a team.

See an example and download it at the temporary location listed below. I welcome feedback of any kind.

http://chstest.site88.net/