Re: [pygame] pygame documentation license

In a message of Thu, 22 May 2008 12:45:51 +1200, Greg Ewing writes:
>Casey Duncan wrote:
>> I'm not a license expert (intentionally), but I'm not not sure the  LGP
>> makes much sense as a documentation license since you can't  really lin
>> to documentation
>
>Including it as an integral part of another book would
>seem to be the documentation equivalent of "linking",
>as far as I can see.
>
>Not sure how you'd satisfy the requirement to allow
>users to upgrade to a new version, though, if it's
>something like an index that points to other things
>in the book.
>
>--
>Greg

There's a Gnu Free Documentation License
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

and the Creative Commons Licenses
http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/meet-the-licenses

we might be happier of our documentation was under one of those.  When
the Gnu Free Doc license came out, a whole lot of people switched to
it from have GPL'd their documentation -- so apparantly this is
doable.  I am not sure on the details of how, though.  Anybody know?

Laura