From: Peter Chant <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pygame] Pygame font issues
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 5:12 AM

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

On Friday 01 May 2009, Jake b wrote:
> 1) Are you using py2exe?

No.

> 2) Copy-ing the font to the same folder as the game will probably work.

Unfortuately it did not.

> 3) I ripped out my font name matching code, it might help. [It might
> be easier if you want the whole font wrapper class.]

Thanks.  I'm not sure that it does.  You've created a wrapper, which does some
useful checking, but at the end of the day it still appears to make a simple
call with a font name.

    font = pygame.font.Font(None, 36)
    #font = pygame.font.Font('liberationserif',36)

I suspect it is a path problem, but I'm new to python and am not really sure
how to fix it.  In fact, I have just found that if I pass the file path it
does not throw an error.

Unfortunately I still have not got test displayed for other reasons I am just
learning.  However, it is a sunny day so perhaps I ought to take advantage of
it.

Pete

--
Peter Chant