Re: [pygame] running downloaded games / auto installer

timmcilveen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Just one more question. Is it possible to package a game  written in python with the python language, pygame and an installer that will install the necessary packages on a users computer - the way you would install a commercial game written in C++?

I can assure you that with some minor jiggling py2exe[1] works perfectly with PyGame, and I've used it with my last two Ludum Dare entries[2]. Then you can use any old installer builder like the Nullsoft one[3].

Fiona

1- http://www.py2exe.org/
2- http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/author/fiona/
3- http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
--
Sputnik Internet ¤
Web & Graphic Design, Marketing & Illustration

Tel 0870 742 5959
E-mail:
fiona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: