[pygame] Working with Surfaces

Hello all,

I've got a bit of a brainteaser for you, maybe, and hopefully not.

Right now, through judicious use of ffplay code, I've got a large portion of the code written for a first draft version of the movie module. I changed the code where appropriate for our needs. Of course, that doesn't mean its been tested, or has even compiled yet. ;) However, I'm wondering which way I should go: Whether I should write to a pygame surface(say one passed on initialization), via the PySurface C methods, or to extract the rect and surface from the PySurface struct, and write to those instead. Which way would be safer/better/whatever?

-Tyler
Visit my blog at http://oddco.ca/zeroth/zblog