Re: [pygame] Pygame and mp3 files

Hi Tyler,

Audacity uses libmad. On Windows that library is now linked to msvcr80.dll, a proprietary C runtime. I don't know what Audacity does on Linux, but I don't feel like building libmad myself.

Lenard

Tyler Laing wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can enable mp3 support for Debian, by adding a new repository, or by using audacity. Audacity will ask if you want to download an mp3 plugin when you try to open or create an mp3 file.

But I do agree with your proposed plan. It sounds good to me, plus, it helps encourage the use of open-formats.

-Tyler