Re: [pygame] Pygame Website Rewrite: First alpha version ready for testing

Hi, lots of good work there. I sent over your current design, as of sun may 24, 2:02 PM, to an artist friend of mine. Also, I sent her the old design. She had some advice and criticisms:

"The gradient must disappear. On the first one and on both of them the dark green does not match the yellower-based greens. They need to pick a theme of green thoughout. Not teal green and then toss in some lime. It just doesn't match or coordinate at all."

"
What they really need is a blend of the new site and the old. Because the new site is too sparse and the old one is too busy without having good-looking dividers."

About the new site design: "Just make sure that their greens match. The white background's(for the new site) not bad but it's pretty stark.  I'd say maybe the best thing would be just a solid background, or just take out that big image and do a simple texture on the background paired with a smaller, more modest header image. Also the tables in the white are very boring. They should have better borders or a little color."

If you want to use green, she suggests using this website to pick a color scheme: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/colors.php

Just remember, if you don't like the advice, you don't have to listen to her, but it is advice intended to make the site better. :)

-Tyler