Re: [pygame] What are the dependencies?

On 21 April 2010 07:09, Ian Goodfellow <goodfellow.ian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to install pygame on CentOS, and since there are no packages for CentOS/Red Hat as far as I can tell, I'm building from source.
Here's the list of missing dependencies I get:
SDLÂÂÂÂ : found 1.2.10
FONTÂÂÂ : not found
IMAGEÂÂ : not found
MIXERÂÂ : not found
SMPEGÂÂ : not found
PNGÂÂÂÂ : found
JPEGÂÂÂ : found
SCRAPÂÂ : found
PORTMIDI: not found
PORTTIME: not found

This is a little cryptic. Does anyone know where I can get names of actual libraries to install? For example, what is IMAGE? Is it pyimage? I tried installing pyimage and re-running the install script but IMAGE still shows up as not found.
Thanks in advance,
Ian

You need to find the relevant *-dev packages in your package management program if you need any of those other things. It should compile as is though you just won't have access to the listed things.
Also are you sure there isn't a pygame package available through your package manager?