[pygame] Timer pygame and gtk

I need a timer that run a function at specific interval, pause, continue, and stop....

I tryed with thread module but i'm becaming crazy (doesnt' stop, sometimes run, other not, etc)

I saw that with pygame the matter seems to be easyer, but i have a newbie problem....

How do i integrate a pygame loop inside a gtk loop?

I discover too late that pygame has its own gui module, so now i would like to mantain the application with gtk and use a pygame timer.....is it possible?

Thank to all

Alkatron