[pygame] Has anyone made an internet game?

Hello,

I am developing a pretty sweet game, but, since I'm trying to make it
an internet game, I came across a snag: I have no idea if its possible
to make it an internet game! Sure you can create a "network game" that
has the "possibility" of being played "online", but I'm talking about
a master server connecting clients to servers so they can duke it out
by the dozens.

Has anybody at all been able to make code that does any of these
things reliably? Otherwise I'll have to re-rethink my developing...
Maybe switch to the microsoft dev kit.

Anyways... Thanks!

Nathan Franck