Re: [pygame] pygame.error: video system not initialized

On 5/21/10, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi DROID,
>
> I was being deliberately vague because I understand Alex is a student,
> and this is a project (?).
I am a student, but my first (and only) assignment regarding
Battleship was a couple years ago, in Java, and ran at the command
line. I have taken on its updating, translation (well, I am really
just writing it from scratch again, but in Python), and adding a gui
as a summer project; my own time, no assignment at all. In fact, I am
done with classes until September (thankfully) and all next year will
very probably not include any actual programming at all (more computer
theory and math...)
> As for the crtl-down, that doesn't appear to
> be Pygame. It doesn't cause a window switch on me for instance. So it is
> being handled before it reaches Pygame. Could it be an Accessibility
> feature?
Good thought. I will turn off my screen reader and see if it does the
same thing. When I implemented a navigation system much like this in
Python last year I had no trouble, but who knows what updates will do
do small things like this? I will also triple-check my movement
functions (nav.py) but they should be correct, and definitely should
not be moving me out of the pygame window entirely.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)