Re: [pygame] pygame.error: video system not initialized

Hi Lenard

I figured out that you were deliberately vague, but I thought that he might use some more specific help based on his response ("Well, it was not doing anything anyway, so I commented it out. The error is now gone"). This looked for me as he didn't find the real problem (which is the combination of lines 38, 40 and 68, as you state in the latest emails).

For the ctrl-arrow problem: on win systems the ctrl-arrow causes the cursor to move from word to word in a text editor (instead from character to charachter). This is probably a special event send on the windows message queue which pygame does not handle as far as I know.

~DR0ID