[pygame] Resolution for a 2d game

Hi.

I post because i m wondering something about the choose of the resolution regarding a 2d game. Assuming my game resolution is actually 1280*800 and the person who want to play have a computer which dont support this display mode?
A nice thing would be to adapt the resolution for specific case.
For example, someone who play in 800*600 will move one side of the screen to another faster than someone who play in 1280*800...
I really dont know how to handle several resolution especially for my online game.

Thanks.