Re: [pygame] Pygame on Mac App Store?

Hey ya,

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Keith Nemitz <musenik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I got it working, but there was a hang-up about the certificate I used. Waiting for Apple's reply.

awesome

When I'm absolutely sure, I'll post my build process. It's pretty weird, but it's short.

Nice one, that would be very useful.  Please let me know if there's anything I can help with.

One thing, Pygame could stand to allow it's default dock icon to be overridden. I don't mind it popping up during launch. Pygame deserves even more recognition than that, but Apple is fucking picky about the stupidest things.

Yeah, for sure.  Is that in lib/macosx.py ?  A temporary fix would be to monkey patch that file to change this line:
            default_icon_data = getResource('pygame_icon.tiff').read()

I'm not sure what a proper fix would be yet though.  Very open to suggestions.

cheers!