Re: [pygame] Where does pygame dev take place

Hello Travis,

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Travis Briggs <audiodude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I just started using pygame, and I'm finding the HTML docs/tutorial articles EXTREMELY helpful. One thing bothers me, though, and that's the fact that there are consistent typographical and grammatical errors throughout. Not to mention dead links (specifically the link to "Solar Wolf" in the newbie guide).

I saw the tweet about updated docs (http://pygame.org/docstest/), but I spot checked a few of the major mistakes I had seen and they weren't fixed.

yes, just the toolkit used to generate the documentation has been changed on that link.

Just wondering, is there a moratorium on editing these docs? Like are they kept, warts and all, for posterity's sake? Or would people be interested in some copy-editing of them? I promise not to "fix everything" and only add proper punctuation, spelling and grammar (and fix dead links).

your help would be welcomed.

Please see http://pygame.org/wiki/Hacking

It might be good to pick one module to start with(say color in src/color.doc), then once you're done send the patch to the list.  Or I'm on irc sometimes (illume).  We'll need to coordinate what we're doing, so once you're done post your changes to the list (separate thread for each file) and we'll review them - then commit them.

@Lennard: when should we start editing the rst files instead of the .doc ones?  It seems all issues are resolved now?

Of course, this brings up the larger question of where is the SVN for pygame? I'm having trouble finding "contribute" or "get involved" links on the homepage.

http://pygame.org/wiki/svn  Also see the hacking guide.

Thanks!

-Travis