Re: [pygame] pygame awesome libraries?

On 13 May 2018 at 22:50, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(The benefit of python hosted over read the docs, is they don't inflict advertising on your users like read the docs does.)

RTD provides a valuable service for free - it builds docs automatically as well, whereas pythonhosted only hosts docs you build. That's really convenient for a lot of projects. They show some ads, but it's very different from most online advertising - it's much more like traditional non-digital advertising, without the tracking and security issues. There's more about this here:

http://docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ethical-advertising.html

Of course, you may still not like adverts of any kind. I find it reasonable that RTD shows some unobtrusive advertising, and I hope their experiment with non-tracking advertising can be successful enough to convince other ad-supported services that it's viable.

Thomas