Re: [pygame] Windows 95

>     I have python 1.5.2 and after looking over pygame I installed 2.0 so I could
> use pygame, so I have 2 versions of python now.  {cut}

hi daniel. it sounds like everything is installed ok. the fact that
everything is importing ok should mean the python installation is ok.
it looks like it is unable to initialize the video driver (perhaps all drivers).

pygame does attempt to doublecheck the SDL.dll library to make sure it's
the same version it was compiled with, so i don't believe it's mismatched
SDL libraries.

in an interactive python shell, try the following commands

>>> import pygame
>>> pygame.display.init()

both these commands should return with None, and raise no exceptions.
my guess is that the pygame.display.init() routine will report an error?
if pygame (SDL) has trouble initializing directx, it should fall back to
windows GDI. GDI should never fail on windows.

i'm not sure what the problem is yet, try running these commands and
we can see what the result is. you might want to doublecheck that your
directx 5 (or greater) installation is ok?

you can go ahead and send me mail directly (or use the list). i'll
be glad to get you going on this.