RE: [pygame] GUI

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, David Clark wrote:

>I think the best way to go would be to integrate one of the existing
>SDL widget sets into pygame. There are already several to choose from,
>they are already cross-platform and compatible with SDL. I know Jan
>Eckholm was very keen on getting sdl_gui working with pySDL; working
>with pygame should be even easier, owing to its modularity.

I rolled my own thing for our game. It was fairly easy and is fairly ugly.
I have fullscreen dialogs with labels, pushbuttons, checkboxes, and
editfields. That's all I need for the moment. Widgets are classes and they
are all amanged by one 'widgetmanager' which handles the SDL event loop
and calls callbacks when needed. See a few screenshots at:

	http://civil.sourceforge.net/

for an idea as to what we have. If someone is interested it is all in CVS,
but requires some manual labour to extract. Later when we've come a little
bit further I'll try to do a standalone module of the stuff, if someone is
interested.