Re: [pygame] Custom mousepointer?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, ShredWheat wrote:

>what's gonna help you the most jan? i assume if you already have the
>crosshair cursor created as the array of numbers then that is all
>you'd want. if you have yet to create the cursor then i'm guessing
>the string method would be pleasent.

For me personally it doesn't matter that much. I don't have the cursors
done yet, as I wasn't sure wether it could be done at all. Creating the
2-3 cursors I'll need will be fairly easy whichever approach you choose.
Go ahead and pick something that works, it can be extended later with
other methods if needed.

>sadly, the intro at http://pygame.seul.org/docs/ref/Rect.html is the best
>you get for now. it definitely needs to be expanded. i have written better
>docs when i created the standalone rect class for pysdl, i just need to get
>that stuff merged in. rects are created with pygame.rect(), it's also a
>member of the locals module.

Ok, will do. I tried to use pygame.Rect(), but not pygame.rect()...

>passing the sequence of (x,y,w,h) is exactly correct. i admit set_clip()
>hasn't been tested a whole lot. it should be an easy bug to fix. i expect
>i'll have that bug fixes and the cursor functions added by tonight or
>tomorrow night.

Fast progress here!

>the other question is, should all functions that create a new object type
>(act pretty much like a class constructor) be capitalized. i've been thinking
>they should, but have never done it. i think this might make things a bit
>clearer to what the function does, pygame.event.event(QUIT) becomes
>pygame.event.Event(QUIT). etc, etc. it sounds like what you were expecting
>with the Rect, Jan. I think it's a good idea who's time has come.
>(sounds like the next release is gonna break a couple things :[ )

:-) Sounds like a good idea to me. I also have all classes capitalized,
but all modules lowercase, exactly as in pygame.event.Event(). Makes it
easy to know what is a constructor and what is a general function (such as
pygame.event.doIt()), as the latter has the first letter lowercase.