Re: [pygame] game freezes on start up with 1.2

steve rowley wrote:

> okay so here's the deal; I'm trying to write a simple game that uses
> alot of the Aliens code and the some tiling code from twitch. it was
> working on pygame 1.1, but it freezes up when i installed 1.2.  it seems
> to blit the background to the screen and then it freezes.

hi steve. i really want to check this out. i didn't think there were any
freezing/crashing errors left in pygame. could you send an archive of
the whole project. i'm missing all the sounds and graphics, and it's a
pain to try to assemble all the right resources.

if it's kind of large, just anonymous upload it to
ftp://pygame.org/pub/pygame/contrib

btw, your source contains a lot of mixed spaces/tabs, which can do
unkind things to python indentation. i'm not sure which editor you are
using, but it might have some options like "use spaces instead of tabs",
which can make things a bit nicer.