Re: [pygame] Pygame and OpenGL

Kevin Altis wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what online material and/or books are people using
> for an OpenGL reference on how to do 2D/3D...?

one popular source in the NEHE opengl tutorials. these are a set of
tutorials that sort of build on the previous ones. you can find the
website here. http://nehe.gamedev.net/

also, there are translations of the first 10 NEHE tutorials done for
python and pygame. http://www.pygame.org/ftp/contrib/nehe1-10.zip

(warning, there are python versions of the nehe tutorials on the nehe
website, but in my opinion (and others i've talked to) these are bad,
bad, ugly)

anyways, these NEHE tutorials will start with simple colored triangles,
and then get you all the way to a first personish environment. (don't
get too excited, it's not quake3) :]