[pygame] Re: [PyOpenGL-Users] Pygame surfaces as PyOpenGL textures?

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:59, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I got bitten by the OpenGL bug, and did some small tests with
> pygame and pyopengl. All works just fine, and speed of development is way
> faster than with C/C++.
>
> Did a small terrain rendering that is both slow and ugly, but which seems
> to do what it should do. See a snapshot at:
>
> 	http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/cm/snapshot4.jpg

There was a really useful article either on gamasutra or gamedev regarding
texturing of landscapes. Number one tip is to blend - use a large texture
that gives a change over a large area and then the smaller texture like the
one you're currently using to give some finer detail. Makes the repetition of
the finer detail texture much less apparent.

   Richard