Re: [pygame] Rpg Game ?

I have to agree with Ryan, its a tremendous workload for a single person. Well always a question how deep you want to go and how much you want to do. Just to mention some points:

2D or 3D engine, level-editor, many graphics (monsters, items, walls, floors, ...), battle system, quests with quest system, AI, jobs, races, leveling, spells, ...

Well its a question of how complex you want to make it. I think starting on a 2D area (bird view) is probably the eaiser way than creating a artificial 3D environment or heading to OpenGL. To make it in general easier you can work more textbase. F.e.: Instead of a hit animation you might type "Hit monster by xzy damage. Further on you still can replace it by a animation. Initially I would start with a 2D engine.

If you are already familiar with any other programming language then you will understand/master the Python syntax quite quickly and if you are motivated on creating a simple RPG then go for it! You still can improve parts of it later on.

Just my 2 cents
Farai