Re: [pygame] "Seagame" Demo

Farai Aschwanden wrote:
Same here. pyc is supported on Mac. I think the problem is somewhere else....

Weird! All right, I'm awake enough now to pay attention to this.

The music is just a MIDI from vgmusic.com (the ship theme from Final Fantasy I), set to start playing each time through the loop if not (something like) pygame.mixer.get_busy(), ie. if it's not playing now. So if the MIDI can't load for some reason (it's supposed to be in the "music" subdirectory; are you not getting a directory structure?), it'll give an error on every frame it runs. But why would the program keep running instead of crashing?

If you want to fix that particular problem you can just comment out the line in main.py that says 'Conch.j.PlaySong("ship")'. I don't think you need to comment out the line at the end calling Conch.j.LoadSong, because that just identifies the path of the file ( os.path.join(MUSIC_SUBDIRECTORY,filename) ) and gives it a nickname ("ship") without actually loading it.

There aren't any graphics files, but that's intentional. Realistically I wouldn't want to draw the player etc. that way, but use sprites instead.

Kris