[pygame] GLUT and Py2EXE

I'm looking into the problem of rendering text in OpenGL, with which I've had problems, and it looks like a good way to do it is to use GLUT.

I want to be sure I can package up everything a Windows user needs to run my program using Py2EXE, without any extra knowledge required on their part to install it beyond unzipping it into a directory. But it looks as though GLUT requires that a DLL file be installed into some system directory such as C:\Windows\System32 in order for a program using it to work. Any advice?

I ask because I'd like to use Pygame for the event system, and OpenGL for graphics rendering, which gives me the luxury of either using full 3D graphics or rendering scrolling 2D faster than is possible in Pygame -- but doing text in OpenGL is a pain.

Kris