Re: [pygame] Downloadable documentation

Chris Smith wrote:
I'm a big fan of PyGame, having used it for the last 2 years, but I note that there is no downloadable documentation. I *do* have it on hard drive, by grabbing the web pages individually, but of course the links don't work :-(

Anyhow, since PyGame 1.8 is upon us, I thought I'd contribute something back by working on some nice linked downloadable docs for the occasion. Essentially I'd just throw together the current docs with some code examples and a couple of simple tutorials, tidy up the look to make it consistent, and then package it up into a tarball.

Just thought I'd post here for any feedback on this, or if anyone has any suggestions for me before I start the work.

-- Chris

--
Science is open source religion
Hi Chris,

As far as I know, the documentation comes with the sources in a raw text format (see inappropriatly named .doc files). By the way, I think reStructured Text (http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html) would be a more user friendly format. Anyway, HTML docs can be generated with a Python program.

In case you use a Debian based Linux distribution, HTML files are generated as the package is installed. It is located in /usr/share/doc/python2.3-pygame/

Cheers,
Julien