[pygame] PyGlyph

pyglyph works if you've got PyOpenGL and PyGame.

http://www.partiallydisassembled.net/pyglyph/

Richard

I'm having some trouble getting this to work. Specifically, the examples
work fine, but any attempt to use PyGlyph without making my program a
subclass of the ExampleBase class fails. I built a single-file demo that
omits the example_base code so that it's just one file that creates a
screen, creates a font-factory, and runs a loop of displaying text and
waiting for an "Escape" keypress. This demo displays only a white screen
with blocks of unreadable black!

What could be going wrong? As far as I can tell, I'm doing the same
thing as the "hello" example plus its example_base code in one file.

My test code is at:
http://kschnee.xepher.net/code/pyglyph_test.py.txt

Since then I retrofitted my example to have it subclass from
ExampleBase, and that worked -- when I exactly imitated the "hello"
demo's code. When I started to deviate from it by using my own "Draw"
function and event-handler again instead of the default "display" loop, the program hung, failing for no obvious reason to draw or respond.

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Kris