[pygame] BUG: crash in windows when bliting a surface over itself

windows Xp + sp2, python 2.4.3, pygame 1.7.1
bliting a part of a surface over itself crash the app with a \\\'pygame
parachute\\\' exception, by example
     a.blit(a, (x,y), (0,y,64,1))
This happens in windows, it seems that in linux there are no
problems.

I found this last year when working in the first windows release of
magicor, (http://www.pygame.org/projects/21/313/?release_id=528), in
the section that animates the logo. In linux was ok, in windows crash
with pygame parachute. (using a tmp intermediate surf was the workaround I take)

Now I was reminded of this because other code from pygame shows the
same problem , the meltdown transition effect (
http://www.pygame.org/pcr/meltdown/index.php )

I  produced a short script demoing the problem (attached). Remember
that seems to be a windows only bug. When running, press any key to
crash.

little OT:
1. It happens in pygame 1.8 ?
2. Is there a section somewere in pygame site to find \\\'know bugs\\\' ?

claxo

Registrate desde http://servicios.arnet.com.ar/registracion/registracion.asp?origenid=9 y participá de todos los beneficios del Portal Arnet.