Re: [pygame] blitting arrays/lists

On Nov 9, 2007 10:03 AM, Jason Ward <nyad55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
I want to render an array or a list.
Should I use surfarray or numeric.
Also should I draw to a surface and blit that or should I draw
straight to the display surface(screen)?
Draw to a surface.  Then draw the surface.  Blitting to the screen a large array each frame will be time-consuming.  Do it once.
Can python do pointers?
It can with OpenGL.  I really don't know about pointers in other applications.
I saw something about python buffer objects, would this be a fast
alternative to numarray/lists?
Again, I only know about OpenGL.  There, one can render immense lists using vertex buffers, but you're probably talking about Pygame...
Ian