Re: [pygame] Joystick missing events?

Ian Mallett wrote:
> At a quick glance, I would say the problem perhaps lies in the absence of:"
> from pygame.locals import *
> ".  That usually fixes stuff for me.

I'm pretty sure that isn't the issue.

I've had similar problems as Joe Johnston in the past when working
with joysticks. Generally what's going on is that the joystick driver
is holding information and only "updating" a few times a second,
whereas if you're going to read "gestures", a la Street Fighter, the
entire gesture may go by in 100-200ms. Sometimes there's a way to ask
the joystick driver to update with more frequency, or to poll the way
Joe Johnston suggests, but I don't see a way to do that in the API
documentation.

Ethan