Re: [pygame] MIDI player selecting wrong instruments

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Matthew <crackingtoastuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there *really* no-one on this list who could at least give me a clue as to where in the pygame code to look at how the midi player decides which instrument files to open? :'-(

Sounds like one program or the other does not comply with General MIDI.

I'm guessing that the other people on the list didn't know off the top of their head, have you tried looking yourself?  You use pygame.mixer.music to play MIDI files, right?  So try looking there?  It's likely that the instrumentation is in the SDL code though.