[pygame] man oh man Java is painful

I'm getting into the wonderful world of Android which means Java. Dear
lord I remember now why I hate this language. I love the pythonic
philosophy that there should be an obvious way to get things done. It
means I get to experiment and more often than not, my first experiment
actually works!

It seems like just as Python is great at taking out syntax and
overhead to let you get to actually working on your ideas, to the same
or greater extent, Java gets in the way. I mean in the Python world I
don't really need an IDE, maybe a souped up text editor is all. But
now I see why IDEs are so much more helpful in the java world... cause
there is so much more overhead to manage.

That being said, being a mostly Python programmer up to this point,
I'm sure C++ and C# are just as horrible. So it's not specific to
Java.

Anyhow, back to work. But please somebody tell me the joy of game
programming will come back cause right now I'm just slogging through
muck.

*sniff* thanks for letting me cry...

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.