Re: [pygame] man oh man Java is painful

Hi,

It is interesting to note that g++ 2.95 had signatures (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-2.95.3/gcc_5.html#SEC112) which were very much like Go interfaces (http://golang.org/doc/go_spec.html#Interface_types). But the g++ signature disapeared in version 3.0.4 without a mention. It was removed due to lack of interest. Apparently it can not compete with full featured templates.

Lenard Lindstrom

On Nov 5, 2011, Toni Alatalo <antont@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Nov 6, 2011, at 4:04 AM, Toni Alatalo wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2011, at 2:15 AM, Greg Ewing wrote:
>>> Absolutely not sure it fits the bill... but have you had a look at go?
>>> http://golang.org/
>> I looked at it. My first impression was "this is ugly". I'm pretty
>> sure it's not the language I was talking about.
> No, that is indeed the google Go thing.

Ah, sorry - misread that earlier :p (you said 'I' whereas I thought you referred to someone else talking about google's cool new lang, and you thinking that something so ugly as what's behind that link wouldn't be that one .. was tired)

I haven't realliy studied it, but also am not too convinced. Dunno, perhaps should look more though if need compiled stuff.

~Toni