Re: [pygame] Attribute Error

On 11/22/2012 2:22 PM, myles broomes wrote:

> I didnt name it pygame.py? The name of the file is pong.py. It isnt just this file im having trouble with, its every file that involves the pygame module. > Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:39:53 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [pygame] Attribute Error
>> From: false.hopes@xxxxxxxxx
>> To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
>>
>> Don't name your file pygame.py.
>>
>> --
>> --Robert Deaton

Well the error you are getting is where the name -pygame- got defined
where it shouldn't and has overwritten you module import.

whether or not you have a file named pygame in your module path/folders
or whether a functions is setting that name to something else I can't tell.

put
"print pygame"
before you call pygame.init() and then tell us the result. That will help.