RE: [pygame] pygame idea: pgHoF (pygame Hall of Fame)

I guess it depends how closely tied we want to be with Pygame.  I'm not
a Pygame developer so I don't know what the proper protocol for this
would be.

> 2.	Does anybody have a better idea for a name for this application?

I think it's a good start.  It's better than Pygame Launcher.  Maybe
PyArcade, but that might be taking the Py- convention too far.  I have a
question though.  Will this be open to any games written in Python or
only those that use Pygame?

> 3.	Should we start from scratch or start with something that somebody else
> has created? (Adam Furman's Python OS, which I haven't looked into, comes to
> mind.) I'm inclined to start from scratch with Python 2.7.6, which bundles the
> version of Tkinter that's compatible with OS X Mavericks and integrates well
> with Mercurial. Because I have used Tkinter at work, it's my first choice for
> creating a basic GUI, but what are your opinions of using it?

Tkinter is my first choice as well.  We should reuse code when we can.
(And if it's a good idea of course)

> 4.	Does anybody have a good reason why we shouldn't create a pygame Arcade
> application at all?
>
> Jason

There's never a good reason to not make a good program :)
Why don't we start with a sheet of ideas/goals that we want to
accomplish for the app?  Maybe present it on this mailing list so we can
get input from everyone else.  Here's one goal of mine:

 * Track data made by games, such as save files, so that it may be
   removed (like when the game is uninstalled).