Re: [pygame] Midi Crashes on Error

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the response!  You're right, this seems to be a Distro/PortMidi problem.  I guess I'll track down the portmidi package maintainer(s) and see what they have to say.

Thanks again,

~William

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Christopher Arndt <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01.11.2013 09:52, William Heatley wrote:
> Suggested Solution:
> Do not define PM_CHECK_ERRORS.

This is defined in the underlying portmidi library, which AFAIK is
linked dynamically. So it is up to your OS to provide a version of
libportmidi without PM_CHECK_ERRORS defined. This has been a
long-standing issue with debian/Ubuntu. I'd go as far as to say that
portmidi is unmaintained.

Might I suggest you have a look at my python-rtmidi library:

http://chrisarndt.de/projects/python-rtmidi

I've done some important changes in the last few weeks so I would
suggest getting the source code from Subversion for now. I'm planning to
make a 0.4b release soon.

Chris