[pygame] Pygame minigames

Hi,
I'm trying to make a sort of game in pygame that is a collection of minigames (that may or may not be timed-based). The problem I'm having is developing something like this. I was wondering if it was possible to make the main interface of the game with pygame normally for menus, etc and then making these minigames with pygame as well and then combining them.
Currently, I'm having problems combining these two files/modules since they both init pygame and do various background manipulation.
Are there any examples of something like this that might help me?
Cheers
Thanks

--
"To make a photocopier, simply photocopy a mirror."