[pygame] Goodbye from me to the pygame community mailing list

pygame has been great for me. Reading pygame tutorials and writing my own pygame programs have helped me to gain Python proficiency, which has helped me in my career. I have enjoyed running pygame programs that you in the community have shared. I have enjoyed helping others.

However, I no longer have enough leisure time to enjoy writing and running pygame programs. Also, I am discouraged by the obsolescence of pygame (unreliable mailing list, vulnerable SiteSwing CMS that necessitates the unwelcoming account creation page, weak support for quickly-evolving mobile platforms). I have wished for the creation of an official pygame leadership team, which could continue to function when some of its members are busy with non-pygame priorities, but I am personally unable to authorize & empower such a team.

Therefore, I bid the pygame community and its mailing list farewell. Lately, I've been feeling guilty about my lack of contributions, so I will stop the e-mails so that they won't remind me of problems that I cannot solve. Thank-you, everybody, for the fun I've had, the knowledge I've gained, and even friendship outside of the context of pygame. If my life becomes more leisurely, I'll be back (unless I learn Lua).

Jason