[pygame] How does pygame.draw.rect border width work?

I've been trying to make a percent bar class that I can use to represent
health or speed, but the border width is causing issues.

The goal is to make an outer rectangle frame of a specified border width
while using a solid rect inside it to represent a percentage.

<http://pygame-users.25799.x6.nabble.com/file/t429/Screenshot_%2812%29.png>

In the picture above, I pass in a border width of 1 for the outer rect frame
with a width of 300 and a height of 50.  At least in the picture above, it
seems to work out find.

<http://pygame-users.25799.x6.nabble.com/file/t429/Screenshot_%2813%29.png>

In that picture, I pass in all the same values except for a width of 10
instead of 1.  This time, it breaks and I've been unable to figure out why.

<http://pygame-users.25799.x6.nabble.com/file/t429/Screenshot_%2814%29.png>

--
Sent from: http://pygame-users.25799.x6.nabble.com/