Re: [pygame] Re: About Pygame development

(Oops. Somehow I didn't press send on this reply it seems.)
------

Hello!

Don't think I was at the dojo for that one, but it does sound fun.
Well, I do remember one where we made a random maze generator.
Maybe that was part of it?
Also there was a pyweek when some ldndojo people tried to make a game called:
    Woger the Wibblly Wobbly Wombat.
8 years ago now!? wow

Yeah, ok... good idea about putting that in a blog post.
I'd be interested to read something on your experiences too :)

Yeah, the "Big Buck Bunny" film was one of the blender open projects.
Ton(another tall Dutch person) of Blender wrote some interesting essays about it back in the day,
but I can't find them at the moment.
I did find this 'The making of Big Buck Bunny' thing on youtube which was interesting.
There are some parts about involvement of the community.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr8iM8kAJOw

But they have done several more since then, so perhaps they have more 'making of's or post mortems out there.
(here is Making of Agent 327, their 2017 short they are hoping to turn into a feature film next)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKlgCnp_57M
So that took them 10 years to get up to trying to make a movie from all those short films.

There were definitely many UX improvements after and during these projects to Blender.
I just read they have some sort of 'cloud' subscriptions which they say is their biggest income now.
But I guess they hope the movie will sell,
and let them move up to a planned 10 developers working on Blender for the Institute.
https://www.blender.org/institute/
https://www.blender.org/foundation/

This is the Gimp animation project patreon page has interesting posts about their gimp work:
https://www.patreon.com/zemarmot/posts
And on their blog(starting 2012). It shows they are a major contributor for Gimp of recent.
https://girinstud.io/news/2018/04/zemarmot-main-contributor-of-gimp-2-10-0-rc1/

And yeah, they helped with a whole bunch of UX improvements and pushed Gimp through to a release (after 6 years of big internal changes).
Despite the tiny amount of funding, they made a massive impact to Gimp.
Little things like 'recovery on crash', and 'do not wait until all fonts are read before app can be used' are what
you need when you are using it in production. You also need to release it.

cheers,