RE: [pygame] Aliens Sample Xbox One

You have to clone the repository

https://github.com/greentwip/cpython

then do

git submodule init

git submodule update

to clone the dependencies, then head up to the UWP folder and open the UWPApp.sln file, you must choose the 64 bits configuration and select the project at

Experiments/Pygame/Implementation/EmbeddedPygame as startup project.

To setup the Xbox One environment you must own the rights of a license for developing apps for UWP, which is called the Creators Program (asides from paying a small fee it’s nothing special)) which costs around 20 USD, one-time and no renewal necessary.

You can test on a Windows 10 machine before moving into Xbox One.

When everything is setup you must enable the developer mode on Xbox and follow the steps, you must register your Xbox unit inside the Microsoft developer dashboard after installing the dev activation app. If you can’t enter developer mode (it happens), you can go to

Settings > System > Console Info > Press LB RB LT RT and you’re set to go, just don’t change the default settings, also it is recommended to use the dev activation app instead.

I recently added threading support so music is working in a threaded fashion, I’m trying to port a more ambitious project called Lex-Stalionis, which is a complete engine implementation of Fire Emblem and a particular game.

I hope to get it running by the next month, which will enable most of the features pygame currently has.

If you get stuck at any step let me know and I’ll try to fix it, although everything should come as fine.