[pygame] event processing?

The docs mention that event.poll() returns a NOEVENT event if nothing
is on the queue, and this has a type that evaluates to 0. How do I
determine the type of an event? My code looks like this:

event = pygame.event.poll()
if event == NOEVENT:
   blah bah

Of course, this doesn't work. Printing the event gives me:

<Event(0-NoEvent {})>

But I don't know how to test for this. Shouldn't this event contain a
dictionary with a 'type' key and a value of NOEVENT? So I could do
this:

if event['type'] == NOEVENT:

Thanks.

PS. In the docs, the display.set_caption and get_caption functions are
misnamed as doc_set_caption and doc_get_caption.

--
David "Futility [D!]" Clark  |  I will only complicate you -           |
silenus@telus.net            |  Trust in me and fall as well. - Tool   |