Re: [pygame] Intermittent crashes caused by surfaces?

Hello,

I ran your sample code. The process pretty quickly ballooned to over 600 megs and was killed by my shell.

So I took a look at the Pygame code. On line 1466 of surface.c, when Pygame is
going to free the surface, it first checks if SDL Video was initted. If so, it
frees the surface, if not, it doesn't. So I just added a pygame.init() before
your while loop and everything works fine. I'm not sure why the surface can't be
freed otherwise. I'll do some experimenting later. Perhaps Mr. Shinners can shed
some light.

--
Mike Benfield